PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airbus chief looks to cancel A400M unless Governments cough-up
Old 13th Jan 2010, 11:07
Jig Peter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@ Squirrel 41

Nobody, my friend, is denying the mistakes made under Mr. Enders' predecessor, particularly in project management and contract negotiation - that's what Mr. E's got to sort out. But it's more than a bit hard for you to have a go at the engineering side of Airbus, which seems to have come up with something promising - even innovative technically in many ways.
Given that the problems down at what was once CASA were soon being sorted by the new team Mr. Enders had put in place, the big problem outside his remit lay, surely, inside Europrop, who made the original error to "do" the FADEC software to the wrong standards - that alone lost the programme some 18 months (IIRC).
Secondly, the OCCAR set-up seems to me, a mere outsider, an odd business, though I suppose it's not all that different from the Organisations set up for Tornado and Eurofighter/Typhoon (it always seemd odd to me that there "had" to be a separate outfit for Typhoon - surely the Tornado outfit could have taken up the running?). But that's another story and I apologise in advance for any near-thread drift towards the odd way multinational military programmes are "organised".

PS See (or rather listen to) the podcast about flight tests so far in "Algy's"
thread ...

Last edited by Jig Peter; 13th Jan 2010 at 11:37. Reason: Add PS