PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: Norfolk Island ditching
View Single Post
Old 13th Jan 2010, 10:34
GADRIVR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Perhaps I was hasty in shutting up!!

Truth Boy,
It's probably a exercise in futility in trying to defend the crew on this forum (though you are totally correct in doing so) The prelim report is pretty straight forward. Statements such as Scadiecats pretty well much typifies what one could expect from a large amount of the posters here.
I still would like to see the people who insisted on carving up the crew on this forum offer them an apology......but it won't happen
I'd point out that the medical crew involved were quite happy to talk to the TV crews and heaped praise on the pilot for his actions after the ditching when they were all in the water.
I'd point out that the company (irrespective of what one may think of them) backed the crew and their actions from the outset.
I could point out a helluva lot more.....but at this point, there's no need.

Dom and Zoe........well done on handling an awful situation and walking away with your pax safe. The vast majority of people that I and others have spoken to that are involved in the industry and seem to be reasonable people are filled with admiration for you two and have also voiced disgust on what has been posted on this forum in relation to your situation. Heads up, you've more supporters than you could imagine.
I'd ask if anyone has any issue with what I've posted......PM me. Keep it private, be personal if you want, but for Gods sake don't do it in public!