PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - More easyJet Pilot Slavery Deals - Oxford Aviation Academy
Old 13th Jan 2010, 09:58
clanger32

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Shaun,
Granted, my current career is not affected by what happens to/because of PTF. However, it remains my goal to fly for a living and a huge part of that is that there are reasonable Ts&Cs to be had if/when in that seat. Neither do I wish to "pay" for the opportunity. Nothing would give me greater pleasure than to apply -and be selected - for a job where the TR was paid and I went straight in on a full salary. This means that I AM a stakeholder, even if only indirectly at this point.

However, I'm not sure what you want me - as someone currently outside the industry - or anyone else who is qualified yet unemployed, to do about Ts&Cs? You rightly make the point that it IS your career that is threatened....so why are you doing nothing about it and blaming me instead? Fight your own corner, in doing so you help me and all the others like me longer term - there'll be no shortage of people like me who will back you in any way I can if you do this. But don't come whinging perpetually about the degradation pf Ts&Cs and expecting me to just "do nothing" about my own career aspirations to protect yours, if you won't protect your own. THIS is the point.