PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - More easyJet Pilot Slavery Deals - Oxford Aviation Academy
Old 13th Jan 2010, 09:29
oapilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
On the other hand, I would ask, does it really make a difference?
Those that 'pay' for a position with a certain airline (no names, generally speaking), deserve exactly what they receive...and from some of the comments here, it ain't much.
The airline flying profession is what it is, no more, no less.
No 'experience'?
Up sh!te creek without a paddle.
Pay up...or do without.
EOM.
Those with extensive Command experience (especially on certain types) demand (and get) what they want.
TRE/IRE's included.
I'm one of the few remaining on the L1011, so...I name my price...and I get it.
No questions asked, nor expected.
As it should be, in my considered opinion.

IF...you are on the bottom of the airline ladder...prepare to pay through the nose...or, go elsewhere.
Airlines don't care.
I don't care, either.
411A, I'm surprised that someone who often talks sense has such an attitude on this. One of the reasons this industry is in the state it's in is the apathy towards the broader picture, based on "I'm alright Jack, so screw you." You are fortunate in that you fly an obsolete type so you can demand pretty much what you want. Good for you. But to revel in the fact that so many of your colleagues around the globe are seeing a lot of hard work and effort bought to nothing? Would your attitude be the same if you were driving a bus or boeing and maybe had a few more years to go before drawing your pension?
Probably not, but that's self service for you.