PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations Mk V
Old 13th Jan 2010, 07:48
Nutjob

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Miss M

If that's the case I can't actually understand why BA asked for the disruption agreement in the first place. To be honest I can't even understand why they would ask for it because they seem to impose things as they go along
Ah, but BASSA were asked so they had every chance to act like responsible adults and give BA no reason whatsoever to impose. Guess what, they passed up that opportunity.

Romans
The fact remains that our agreement was broken again. The whole Country knew it was going to snow, it would have cost the company nothing to simply inform BASSA of their intetion of implement the disruption agreement.
BASSA were asked to help out by activating the DA. They refused. BASSA broke the intentions of the "agreement" first, by refusing to implement it in precisely the circumstances for which it was intended. BA then had no choice but to impose the DA to help out our business and our customers.

I think it's shameful that BASSA wouldn't activate the DA. Shows exactly how much they really care about their passengers. Indefensible.