PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations Mk V
Old 13th Jan 2010, 00:29
Tiramisu

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I began taking an interest in this and the previous thread, along with many other sources on the dispute sometime ago. I approached from a position of neutrality on the basis that there were two sides to the argument.

Over the last few years I have used every class that BA had to offer, including Concorde. However, after my next two flights, which were booked well before the dispute became public, I will not be using the airline for a considerable period.

I began loosing my neutrality a couple of weeks ago and, leaving aside the extremely vitriolic submissions by both sides and concentrating on the core arguments, it is my view that the pro Bassa supporters have not even come close to winning the debate.

In fact post number 1622 has finally convinced me there is really only one side to the squabble.

It is to be hoped, for all employees of BA, that Unite (not Bassa) have seen the light and that is why they have returned to the table, with the threat of imposition still in place

Hi 101917,
Just like my Cabin Crew and Flight Crew colleagues, I hope you do give us a chance. It's sad that you've made your mind up just by reading some very unfortunate posts by a minority of crew who do our airline and themselves no favours at all.
During your travels with BA having experienced every class of travel including Concorde, I'm sure you'll agree we have brilliant people all across the airline and some of your experiences must have been memorable. I hope you remember those rather than some of the provocative and unfortunate posts here.
I'm confident that an industrial dispute will not take place, BA and Unite are talking and I'm optimistic that a workable solution will be reached soon.
In the meantime, watch the space and here's hoping you stay with us.

I'm BA Cabin Crew and the above represent my personal views and not those of BA.