PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Why should I vote for the FDMP agreement?
Old 13th Jan 2010, 00:07
iflylow

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm voting NO to this agreement until it is completely anonymous. This is ridiculous that they want us to put a spotlight on ourselves. Here is a direct quote with two points I have problems with:

1. The Corporate Safety Department owns and administers all Flight Data recorded or derived from any Flight Data Recording Systems. This is in contrast to many other airlines where flight operations departments control flight data.

2. The FDMP is a component part of an overall Safety Management System operated by the airline through CSD. Cathay Pacific has a Just Safety Reporting and Investigation Policy as detailed in Vol 1. This FDMP agreement describes the treatment of data for unreported events captured by recorders in our aircraft. However, whereas the old FDAP agreement permitted you to decline to report, the new FDMP agreement means that you may be required to submit a report following an SFDE (Significant Flight Data Exceedance), thus turning the event into a reported event where anonymity is not possible.
Flight Data should be kept in house (#1), and (#2) how is this agreement better in that we are now required to submit a report and "thus turning the event into a reported event where anonymity is not possible." Great, where do I sign up!

Has anyone flown with the Captain of the Nagoya incident? Great guy, great Captain, and they mess up once. It can happen to anyone of us, and don't think that it'll never happen to you. All it takes is a split second and you can find yourself in a bad situation. Now he's demoted and the F/O nearly fired. How would you like to be in that situation? It could be anyone of us...