PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Private Charter Aircraft?
View Single Post
Old 12th Jan 2010, 22:35
12Watt Tim

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Max

Friendly piece of advice. If you are asking these questions on a public forum then you are going to be haemorrhaging money while you learn this business. It is a very tricky sector, and you don't even seem to know the basics.

Instead of coming on here, I would suggest that you hire someone who knows GA. It will save you a lot of money in the long run. I would have offered my services if you'd asked a few months ago, but have a new job myself. There are people out there that will help you with all of this, but there are also those that will over-sell their skills or massively overcharge you. For example, I know a new start that spent more than twice the time and money it should to get an AOC, because of one individual who claimed he knew what he was talking about but didn't, and many people pay £20k or more for an ops manual, whereas I know a very highly-respected professional who would write one for £5,000.

Hey, on a part time basis I'll advise you. In a couple of hours a week I could save you ten times what you paid me, just through my experience.

I almost simply posted that you would get eaten alive, but I reckon that is a more constructive post.

V1 VR V2

Quite the comedian, eh?