PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - More easyJet Pilot Slavery Deals - Oxford Aviation Academy
Old 12th Jan 2010, 18:23
al446

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Quality Time

I am opposed to RYR for a couple of reasons, one from the POV of pax and the other for the erosion in T&Cs I now read about within your industry both of which I will explain. Let the BALPA detractors do likewise because I think that is the only body available to you guys to dig you all out of the hole you seem to be heading down. That is what this thread is about isn't it?

As pax I have seen their charges ramp up on things that cost them no more now than previously such as Electron cards, they have been more than zealous on baggage weight when we have flown and flying with them has been a joyless experience. J2 is Emirates in comparison. Add to that their customer service and you have a dismal airline. It may be cheap(ish) but I don't need to wear the hair shirt too.

Re T&Cs, they kicked things off in UK with BRK contracts thereby creating a two tier workforce, those on BRK essentially had no recourse to BALPA as their contract was not with RYR and when the BALPA guys tarted down the road to recognition RYR, via their stooges and misinformation, managed to throw a spanner in the wheel so entrenching what I see as Wal-Mart practices in the industry.

As I have posted previously on another thread, I do not see BALPA as wonderful, I think it should be a section within Unite, but they seem to me to be the only show in town that can utioise its PR machine in getting the press behind the true story of huge debt being accumulated by wannabes, already profitable airlines skinning them and the possible end result being decreased safety as those in the LHS must have confidence in their FO.

Now let the BALPA detractors state their case.