PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - COVENTRY
Thread: COVENTRY
View Single Post
Old 12th Jan 2010, 18:02
Amcapt89

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, sadly no news...

After my last visit on PPrune (around Christmas), I hoped to see better news on 2010, knowing that someone was intrested in buying Coventry...

But for what I've understood, CVT is still in the same position as before... If not worse... If you think about it, business are starting to "feel" the financial pressure due to the airport closure... Almat is one example, and it is the first "victim" of CVT... Probably and unfortunatly, it won't be the last one...

By the way, I am really sorry for Almat flying Club; I know the owner, I know the flight instructors there, and I was a member too... It was a great and friendly flying club in a good location!

Moreover if someone wants to buy teh airport has to do it now... With time, all the companies still based there(like AFT, Atlantic Airlines, Atlantic West, CVT Flying Club, Helicentre) will move somewhere else, and that will start to happen quite soon... These companies are taking big risks on daily basis, waiting for the outcome of CVT, but they can't afford to wait forever...

So let's hope in a positive outcome for CVT; and hopefully it won't be too late for all the activities and all the people involved in Coventry Airport.

amcapt89