PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - List of "Pay-to-Fly" airlines
View Single Post
Old 12th Jan 2010, 17:13
Microburst2002

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi, DAN WINTERLAND

Yes, any help is welcome. However journalists sleep with politicians, who sleep with industry big fishes, who in turn sleep with journalists. So they may be helping one day, and the other kill us or leave us alone.

It is better, in my opinion, to get the energy for the change from ourselves, and then yes, use the press and any other agent to achieve our goal.

The whole situation is getting worse and worse very rapidly. The deterioration of the profession and its terms and conditions seems to follow an exponential law. People is starting to realise how bad it is and that everybody's job is in peril. The tsunami will never stop. It will reach even the major flag carriers. I feel things could begin to change if we just unite.

I know. Looks like science fiction, but the same would think the Spartans if you told them they would fight a common enemy side by side with the Athens armies.

The threat we face is so serious that fear will be the glue that will stick us and keep us united.

We have to lobby our unions (the ones representing the workers). Make them realise which is the number one priority. Which is the torpedo that is hitting us right below the floating line. What to struggle for in the first place, and that all countries unions have to coordinate to solve this problem together. This can be done in the internet era, don't you think?

Not for the proffession. Not for our pride. Not for justice. Not for the unemployed. But for our jobs!