PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Let's make our Profession prestigious again
Old 12th Jan 2010, 17:07
TheBeak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
When they read that someone with just the hours to pass his/her license is flying them off on their holidays, they will be shocked.
Re-read my post, they have no reason to be. There is an experienced captain in the left hand seat. Flying exams are intense but not difficult. The thing that will shock the public is that the person flying their plane was selected on the basis of their ability/ stupidity to pay to fly the aircraft because the only value they can add to the organisation/ crew is a monetary one.

There is nothing wrong with low houred pilots flying airliners provided they have been selected for the right reasons. There never has been and there never will be. There is no point nor need to include this sentiment in any email/ letter to anyone, anywhere at anytime.

Having an extra 1000 hours on a seneca will do nothing for you when you get into a 737. There's about 59 tonnes, 105ft of length, a sh1t load of energy and a whole load of sophistication worth of difference. Get the chips of shoulders and accept it.

If you wish to discuss it in terms of a worthy food chain then that's a different story.

To add, I see you are only 14 sunshine, fair play and well done for having some standards.

Last edited by TheBeak; 12th Jan 2010 at 17:13. Reason: I have just seen Sunshine is 14!