PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Canadian Troops killed by US bomb.
View Single Post
Old 30th Jun 2002, 14:11
KPax

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think some of you are getting carried away with yourselves out there. I have recently spent some time in the company of certain US Air Recce people, who showed me an internal report on one of the first incidents of this campaign. I showed that the FAC who called for the 'Strike' had a battery failure on his GPS just as he was calling for the strike. Once he had changed batteries he did not realise that the GPS reset to his position rather than the last one in the memory, and called the strike down on himself. The points thast were raise were that there are several levels of experience with these guys, the best being the equivelant of our best, but the further down the chain you go the less impressive the people are. Secodly there are a lot of 'Agencies' operating out here with people that very few people know about. The report stated that 'accidents' will happen in this kind of scenario. Perhaps people should think of the operating conditions of these people and ask themselves could they do the job. I for one am glad of Uncle Sam's forces helping us out.