PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Haven't got your choice of meal available - why does this happen?
Old 12th Jan 2010, 13:33
jetset lady

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
F3G,

I'm talking, mainly, about the Club Cabin. As far as I'm aware, it's rarely an issue in First due to the lower passenger numbers. They don't tend to let me up there very often.

WHBM,

That is exactly what we do do, although as already said, the company have reduced the number of overloads which has created more problems than in the past. However, I am still convinced that, in Club at least, we offer too many options. 20-20-10 is no problem. But add another two options into that, plus the special meals and storage starts to get a bit tight. Once again, I ask. Would you prefer less options in Club with more chance of getting your first choice, or all the options but the possibility that you will have to choose something else?

In my opinion, the airlines have always been their own worst enemy, especially in this area. After all, we bang on and on about the "Fine Dining Experience" whilst, seemingly forgetting that we are in the business of transportation. We are not a restaurant. We are not a cocktail bar. But by the time you arrive on board, we have built your expectations up way beyond what we are able to achieve!

Unfortunately, most of the big decisions are made by those that have never operated on an aircraft in their lives and therefore, have no idea what is actually feasible. They make the promises, we run around, trying to keep them.

Edited to add;

Wings Folded,

That lamb was probably a crew meal. Been there, done that!

Jsl

P.S. F3G, much as it pains me to say this, I don't blame you in the slightest.