PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Heli ditch North Sea G-REDL: NOT condolences
Old 12th Jan 2010, 13:08
Tuckunder

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Scorchboy, a moving post. It is sad that you feel support from Bond towards the friends / relatives of all the occupants of G-REDL is less than it should be. Rest assured that this accident is still foremost in our (North Sea Operators) minds and that you, the friends and relatives, are thought of regularly. I work for one the oposition but am very reluctant to think that Bond engineering did anything so terribly different to how the other two operators would have conducted themselves.

There are unanswered questions such as the design change in drained oil and the fact that the oil drain ring could be removed along with its magnets as a post accident mod. This raises the inevitable question why the mod in the first place and perhaps more emphasis from the manufacturer on the implications of this mod should have been given to the operators both engineers and pilots. However we have one of the best accident investigation branches in the world looking at it and I am of the opinion that the final report will answer those questions. In the meantime friends and family are in my mind and best wishes to you all.