PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Chinook - Still Hitting Back 3 (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 12th Jan 2010, 11:32
bast0n

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thor

If you don't mind me asking, why did you edit out the "I have always been against the "gross" negligence" part of your previous post?
I did not know I had! It probably fell off when I was correcting something else!

Any way - I have always been against the "Gross" negligence and for pilot error.

That sounds like you were suggesting gross negligence to me...
To you but not to me........

My post 6046
Unknown: What happened during the last minute of the flight
Quite - but many accidents have come up with verdicts in pre data recording aircraft without that knowledge. Balance of probability and all that.........and there is a lot of probability hanging around here.

Take a look at it from the other side. Two very competent pilots flew straight into a cloud cover and then a hill they knew was obscured by it when they had other clear and obvious options available. It as unlikely as any other scenario.
Now that does look like pilot error.

You're correct, of course. But if there was an emergency that needed their attention, it would probably have been relevant...
but does not excuse the fact that the aircraft must continue to be flown by whatever means available by one of the crew. (see airline accidents ad infinitum)

All the best, D