PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Could the in-flight service be structured differently to help break jetlag?
Old 12th Jan 2010, 10:25
PAXboy
Paxing All Over The World

Received 62 Likes on 50 Posts
Talking

All that I have ever read and experienced is that each body adapts at it's own rate. Also that, as the body ages, it adapts more slowly. The snake oil merchants are still making money out of pills and potions to change jet lag but, as MathFox says, our bodies may take a while to evolve this skill. His suggestions of planning are good but sometimes on a short trip you just have to slog through. I've had clients not allow for jet lag and I was falling asleep in the presentations. That was their mistake because they tried to save money.

I recall returning from NYC on a Friday morning and going straight to work and feeling fine. I slept well on the Friday night and very late on the Saturday. That night I went to a party and was able to party (literally) all night and was way ahead of the other guests. By the Sunday I still felt fine and thought that I had found the cure for jet lag to be going to an all night party. I was 33 and felt great. That is, until the Monday morning ...