PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - john frohnsdorff elected BALPA General Secretary
Old 30th Jun 2002, 12:18
airrage

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mouse,

Let me ask you, "Do you expect the CEO of a major public company to lie about his balance sheet when it is easily verifiable from results announced last month." RE is not lieing in this case, I can assure you.

Naivete would be someone who believes his managers that a pay rise is not possible whilst their balance sheet proves otherwise. The price of ones share is not directly proportional to it's balance sheet or asset value. That is why some growth shares trade on a value 100times their earnings and multiples of asset value whilst other value shares(manufacturers)can trade at as little as 4times earnings and only 40% of their asset value. The city's view and BA's share price is irrelevant in discussing how much BA can actually afford to pay its pilots as opposed to what it says it can pay. In this respect I can assure you I am not naive.

I could spend ages discussing Sabena or SwissAir with you, but again it would be as irrelevant a discussing Pan Am or Freedy Laker. Either you work for BA as a manager(doubt it with your knowledge of finances)and want to spread fear or you suffer from small-airline syndrome. I am willing to hear and debate any logical-based arguements about BA's finances, I'm afraid Mouse you haven't provided any.

As for how many people will go on strike, I wonder how many people thought CD wouldn't get voted out. Activism is alive and has reared it's ugly head.