PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Truth about the SilkAir MI 185 Disaster
Old 12th Jan 2010, 05:20
nortwinds

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Truth about SilkAir MI 185

Slayerdude, thank you for your impartial comments but I believe the verdict of "inconclusive" is only a default situation because only the captain was examined in detail. The captain was deemed guilty within hours of the tragedy - and in the circumstances the "inconclusive" is a testimony to the logic and integrity of those who were only given access to half the facts.

Massey058 I respect your wish not to go further but it does mean that your arguement is not such "compelling" evidence for anyone else.

I have checked the source for the quote of PA34s and I am sorry if the type is incorrect but I did quote it exactly as written. I did not continue to quote the letter but the copilot had already gone on to better things.

LukeST, if the information about the flying school selection criteria for airline positions is freely available then could you or someone else please share it with us all. At the time, the lack of information about what the selection criteria were was one of the students' complaints that precipitated the educational investigation, then the CAA investigation, of the flying school. I will get back to you as soon as I can on your post 62 questions as they merit their own response.

Could I also gently remind you that there are not just one but 104 grieving families for whom all that can be offerred is justice and the opportuity to learn and improve safety for others.

Millerscourt, it is not where the co-pilot trained that is important in itself, but the whole process of his initial selection, classroom training and testing, flying training, flight testing, experience, certification, and selection for the airlines, that led to him being a copilot in a B737 - and how this compared with the more traditional selection, training and experience of the captain.

And why challenge whether I am a friend of the captain when others clearly show a friendship with the co-pilot. These double standards where comments can be made with complete impunity against the captain, yet calls be made to the moderator to close the thread when the co-pilot is discussed, are obvious and inequitable.