PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Digital Photography Thread
View Single Post
Old 12th Jan 2010, 05:06
Loose rivets
Psychophysiological entity

Location: Tweet Rob_Benham Famous author. Well, slightly famous.
Received 37 Likes on 18 Posts
No sadly, I mean proof of purchase. Nothing. All the goodies seemed to be there, but not that piece of paper.

Seems a real nice guy, but as I told him, I can't take ownership of anything without receipts. It's surprising how many people become parted from their receipts, so I would have thought Nikon would have had some sort of procedure to cover that.

It seems that I can't even purchase a Mack Extended deal without this paperwork.

Pity, it looked near to mint condition.

800 Nikon UX Just another line to the Dom Rep I would guess. Tried tech just now to see if they would be more helpful. Nope. No way they are going to check out a given serial number. I didn't want the owner's personal details, just whether it had been registered. How hard is that?

I went on to say that if someone dies, and there's a lot of stock to dispose of, the people doing it don't care about serial numbers, or cameras, or even Nikon, in all their godly importance. They just want the kit out. Surely, that shouldn't mean it's all rendered valueless.

Well, that's what I said . . . but it was more for my release than a serious suggestion.

Hang on a moment . . . just got to That's better.