Thread: SARH to go
View Single Post
Old 12th Jan 2010, 01:26
farsouth

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Spanish Waltzer -

Regardless of whether you are correct or not about Oneclubs post,

your comment
"I would imagine if either bidder was leaked early as the 'preferred' then the other would mount a significant legal challenge that would delay the process further. Something nobody wants"

is, I think, incorrect.

The selection and announcement of a "preferred bidder" is a perfectly normal business practice (just try googling the term), and I seem to remember that CHC were announced as preferred bidder for the interim SAR contract before the final decision was announced (but cannot immediately find the reference, so I might be wrong)

This quote from a business text-book refers...

"For large-scale and high-value contracts, the client may undertake tender evaluation in two stages. The first stage uses the process of technical and financial evaluation to identify, say, two or three shortlisted bidders who are asked in the second stage to refine their bids and develop further their proposed solutions to the client’s requirements. Commercial negotiations may start during this second stage. The short-listed bidders will be evaluated on their final responses and the client will then select a preferred bidder for detailed negotiations. Following a further review a final decision will be made"