PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Private Charter Aircraft?
View Single Post
Old 11th Jan 2010, 21:32
MAXTHRUSTV1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Everyone thanks for the replies and all the advice provided. My friend has around £1 Million so far to start up which is not a lot in avaition and is looking to raise more funds. Just to check that im not totally wrong on something its is correct that in the UK an EU no single engine aircraft is allowed to fly at night VFR or IFR for a commercial operation which would include for example a C208B? We did look at the DHC-6 but the prices are very expensive even for 75 models!! I will take the advice and look at some king airs and commander aircraft.

I have heard that the BN2T will not climb on single engine so put me off that one slightly! We are really looking for simple cheap aircraft to operate and maintain for executive air charter and also a scheduled service linking areas only covered by long train times which are rather remote in the North! Our initial thoughts on this were the GA-8 airvan for its carrying capacity of 7 pax and 1 pilot and its ability to land and take of on short strips also costing £390K brand new from factory! As mentioned we would be limited with this aircraft and are looking for additional ideas for a capable ME so thank you all for the input and advice i greatly appreciate it!

MAX