PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Mobile phones and Cabin Baggage
View Single Post
Old 11th Jan 2010, 19:20
ExSp33db1rd

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts
Would be a good idea if there was an electrical contact on the seat belt and anyone releasing it before the seat belt lights go out should be fined $1,000.
Remember, in the early 1950's (?) the steward announcing that that they were about to land at Cardiff ( I think ? ), and all the pax got up and rushed to the rear of the aircraft - where the pax. door was - to be first off ?

The aircraft stalled. Many dead.

Ban mobile phones on aircraft, too- total - can't you wait until you get into the Terminal ? What's this hysteria about instant communication, leave a message on the damned thing that you are on an aircraft/train/bus/ferry/car - out of touch. Tough.

I once had a pax. complain that I hadn't told them in mid-Atlantic that we might have to divert from London - I asked him what he would have done had I done so - got off ? I didn't want to cause unnecessary alarm until it became a fact, which eventually, close to London, it did. Turns out he was angry that he hadn't had time to tell his company to get the Rolls to drive up to meet him. ( before cellphones, turned out he would have asked me to use the ATC radio to get a message to his company Yeah ! Right ! )

Last edited by ExSp33db1rd; 11th Jan 2010 at 19:56.