PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Chinook - Still Hitting Back 3 (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 11th Jan 2010, 16:26
Airborne Aircrew

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Chug:

I'm in agreement with everything you say and feel. I agree that this is a right versus wrong issue but, unfortunately, times change. There was, for example, a time when our country's leaders had a modicum of honour themselves. That has clearly changed - look at the thieves whining about having to pay back expenses they embezzled..

Trying to be honourable with politicians and civil serpents has proven to be a waste of time since those who have the rank to stand up to them have retirement and other benefits held to ransom unless they toe the line. Thus, as in warfare, they need to "learn, adapt and overcome". The means by which the duty of care is fulfilled is, frankly, subordinate to the fact that it actually is fulfilled. If the CAS has to slink around the corridors of power thrusting metaphorical knives into the backs of the incumbent thieves and traitors then so be it, (I'd be happy with real knives too). If Dalton has cottoned onto this then, while I don't like the fact he has to stoop to those tactics, I applaud his attempt to beat the scum at their own game.

Then again, he may just be an idiot that gave away the farm inadvertently. Either way, in this case - with luck - the outcome will be positive and we can go back to trying to find the leader you wish at a later date...