PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Maun,Namibia and Zambia it is then!!!
View Single Post
Old 11th Jan 2010, 16:01
Kash360

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey guys,

As always i hope this post finds you well and good.

Another day in beautiful Maun is coming to a close but not another day lost doing nothing. Monday seems to be the day where we all turn up at the airport blue eyed and bushy tailed.

I have been arriving at the airport as one of the seniors had posted on here at 7:30. If not to get on flights but at least to meet the pilots going into the coffee shop.

Hardly any flights today for any operator but it is a relavant quite period which the companies go through every year.

It's pretty expencive to eat at the camp resturant every night so for the past few days we have been having barbeques at the site.

I've been out cutting wood for the past hour, to get the fire started.

I went around to the companies and invited them around for a bite to eat and a few drinks. Let's see who turns up.

I feel so much more comfortable around town but please dont get that mistaken with arrogant. Because that wouldnt get me far.

No movment at all regarding hiring but i have hope, passion and determination. And so when the situation changes i hope these qualities will carry me forward.

The people who have posted on this thread and PM me have taught me allot. And it is vital that myself and anyone in my position heeds there advice.

I came here just looking for a job but quickly through your advice i have learnt not to forget the finer things such as experiencing new cultures, making new freinds and taking in beautiful views.

So for all your advice i thank you from the bottom of my heart!!

Long may you guys post on here or PM me!!

I hope you are all content and if you find your not i hope you find a path that will!!

Take Care!