PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Haven't got your choice of meal available - why does this happen?
Old 11th Jan 2010, 14:15
silverelise

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Haven't got your choice of meal available - why does this happen?

VS200, LHR-HKG, Saturday 9th Jan 2010.

I've not flown Virgin Upper for a couple of years. I noticed the lack of IFB cos I missed the polos and the razor before the doors shut

But I digress. About 10 mins after dinner orders were taken, CC crouched by the lady in the next seat to me and had a conversation along the lines of "Would you do me a huge favour....you've ordered the chicken, it's very popular tonight, would you be really kind and have something else instead?". "I don't eat fish". "You could have the sausage and mash". "I wanted chicken that's why I ordered it. I hate sausages". *puppy eyes from CC* "Ok what's it worth?".
"I'd be really grateful".....

Now, given people are paying 3-4 grand for a ticket, is it too much to expect that you could get the meal you asked for? I felt sorry for the lady but also for the CC guy having to go round the Upper Class cabin asking all the "chicken" people.

How does this sort of thing happen? And how often? I can understand if we were down route on a day flight out of Timbucktoo but night out of Heathrow when most of the UC cabin has their jammers and their "do not disturb" faces on before the doors have shut I was really surprised.

Educate me!