PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Could the in-flight service be structured differently to help break jetlag?
Old 11th Jan 2010, 13:49
silverelise

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Could the in-flight service be structured differently to help break jetlag?

Just finished the first 24 hours of a 2 week trip to Hong Kong from London and feel pretty rubbish. I've never done this length (or this direction) of long haul before. Plenty of experience of London - New York. That kills me for 48 hours both ways too.

So yeah I'm rubbish with jetlag and a wuss. But I was thinking tonight, could the in flight service be structured differently in order to help you adjust?

We boarded the aircraft Saturday night, after a couple of hours there was a dinner. Then lights out. Then 90 mins before landing wake up and breakfast. You land and it's 5:30pm on Sunday.

Would it have been better to have no dinner service immediately but lights out. Then wake after 6 hours for breakfast then an "afternoon tea" before landing?

I'm sure there are lots of experts on this and there is a reason (or reasons) for keeping the aircraft on a "UK time cycle" for the flight, just wondering what more experienced long haulers (and the professionals) think?