PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - One For The Nostalgia Buffs
View Single Post
Old 11th Jan 2010, 10:38
Wally Mk2

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'Dog One' I used to work for Exec's back in the good 'ole days. Was fun then, no security to speak of. People used to wander about the A/C almost unchallenged.
I recall we had the Aero commanders in various sizes. The 'Gomad' contract to make 'em fly properly Enstrom choppers new out of the box, funny looking Tabago's etc (funny way back then) also new out of the box. Steve Nott was a young skinny apprentice back then (may he RIP now). The times we made him sweep the floors & get our lunches
Vh-ALH, may that A/C RIP also, sad story there, ugly actually
Did I read a couple mention Vh-MWQ? Flew her today, well an old Beech with the rego of the old '3' & it still has round engines.

Does anyone recall the PBY that lived at EN late 70's to early 80's? Survey craft I believe & once heard that if it ever landed on water that would be it's final resting place, well at the bottom of the ocean that is!
And those Canberra Bombers up at the old EN Grave Yard................ahhhh you could almost smell aviation back then
I truly reckon that the youth of today keen on aviation missed out on a lot, oh well such is life, nothing is 4ever

Wmk2