PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations Mk V
Old 11th Jan 2010, 10:36
Glamgirl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mr Salmon and Nutjob,

Yes, I can confirm that I've been the topic of Crewforum and deemed far too eloquent to be LGW crew (!). I was also threatened with physical violence for my views.

In my opinion, there are few reasons why cc at LGW would want to transfer to LHR: more money, they live nearer LHR, and some would like to experience different routes. Last summer, we saw around 80 LGW crew seconded to WWLHR. Some enjoyed it, some didn't. Most are very happy to be "home" at LGW again (although they miss the money of course...).

We do get sneered at by others within the company. Some treat us like the equals we are. There are lots of myths and rumours going both ways.

The main thing is that at LGW we are well known for getting on with the task in hand. Yesterday, several flights went a crew member down. Any grumbles? Not really. The crew understood that there simply wasn't any other crew around to operate. They will get a payment, of course - although it's only a fraction of what their colleagues would get 40 miles away.

For the benefit of some posters here: No, I'm still not bitter. I don't necessarily think it's fair, but that doesn't make me bitter and twisted. I'm proud to work at LGW, and I'm proud of the way we get things done here. I'm very happy with my decision to stay, and to be perfectly honest, I'd rather earn less money and be happy.

Also, it seems only around half of the LGW crew are in a union, so that might have something to do with the work ethics, I suppose.

Gg