PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LHR running out of de-icing fluid?
View Single Post
Old 11th Jan 2010, 10:23
WHBM

Received 43 Likes on 23 Posts
Originally Posted by possibleconsequences
MFgeo, if you're convinced the whole thing is a sham then there's not much i can say to persuade or debate otherwise.......
It's just the same as when an airline goes to a marketing agency, 'the experts' and asks "Do you think that we need a new image and a new livery ?".

I can't remember the last time such a study (which the airline pays for) ever said no. Of course they always say yes. Say No and there's no more business. Say Yes and there's millions of pounds of expenditure coming their way. The answer is in no way connected with when the last rebranding was done.

Of course, there's a huge amount of pseudo-science by 'industry renowned experts' (who also have to be paid for) associated with all this, to demonstrate that in the logo the circle is perceived as better than the square, that wavy lines denote stability, and all that stuff. And they have the figures to prove it, of course.

Multiply this now by 1 million times worldwide. Well Mr. University Principal, keenly looking for funds to advance their organisation. Do you think there is Global Warming ? You think there could well be, but it really needs more research. Do you do such research ? You do. My, what a coincidence.