PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations Mk V
Old 11th Jan 2010, 10:14
Nutjob

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Albert Salmon

The whole world knows about the dispute between BA and its LHR-based cabin crew. On the other hand, very little is made of the fact that LGW crews appear to be working, reasonably happy with their labour contract and their terms and conditions.
From personal experience, LGW crew seem to be less convinced that the world (and BA) owe them a living. Many came from other airlines and almost all (I ask a lot when I'm there) say that the pay, roster stability and working conditions are far better at BA LGW. Hence, a good appreciation of what they have.

It's not necessarily the opposite at LHR, but I think Wonker et al have given you a good insight into the differing attitudes.

Ironically, our LGW colleagues are sneered at by some others as being inferior. Long before your time on this Forum, Glamgirl (LGW Crew) was the topic of conversation on Crew Forum. It was decided that she was too articulate to be LGW crew and was hence an imposter.

Last edited by Nutjob; 11th Jan 2010 at 10:43.