PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Oxford Aviation Employment Statistics
View Single Post
Old 11th Jan 2010, 09:14
EI-CON

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Guys and Gals,

Firstly can all the people putting Ryanair in with Easyjet please get your facts right. Ryanair do not have a pay for line training scheme like Easyjet so please stop telling others they do!! Ryanair make your pay for your type rating just like a lot of the so called "proper" airlines do.

Example, a friend of mine completed his ATR type rating to fly with a well know Irish regional airline last year. It cost him almost 30,000Euro. After 6 months he was made unemployed with around 500 hours on type. Sound familiar??? Now I know he lost his job due to the economic climate however had he joined Ryanair he would have done 900 hours that year, this year, next year etc and his type rating would have cost him the same.

Secondly, I finished training last June and have sent out liturally hundreds of CV's since then. Out of all the companies I applied too including airlines, cargo, private jets, servey companies etc, only ONE company showed any interest in me. The rest all told me I didnt have enough hours, I didnt have multi crew hours, I didnt have enough twin hours etc etc. So I think all this is being blown slightly out of proportion. Dont get me wrong I do not agree with paying for line training and i think what EASYJET are doing is terrible but Im just giving this all some perspective.