PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Private Charter Aircraft?
View Single Post
Old 10th Jan 2010, 22:23
learjet50

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MAX

Re your query re aircraft to operate

My old company has not operated these aircraft for over 10 years but from what I Remember (AND I STAND TO BE CORRECTED) these are the answers to some of your A/C

Forget single engined A/C they are too restrictive to operate .
C402 Ok I Think and Ok for Single Pilot Operation However I am not to sure on the single engine performace but think its OK

C340 Bad A/C single engine performace not good and it has small Cabin although its pressurised.
I Think you ae Ok Single Pilot but only if the Autopilot is Working

Cheyenne Good Aircraft Pressurised and reasonble size Cabin
as its a turbo Prop which means you have to have 2 Type rated Pilots for Commercial Flights

Cheiftain Good Aircraft Ok for single Pilot but again Autopilot has to be working otherwise 2 Rated Pilots.

MU2K and Marquise Never been certified on UK Register ND i THINK IT WOULD BE EXTREMLY COSTLY TO DO)

Just remember if you choose a Piston Engined A/c More and more Airfields especially to Larger ones do not hold stcks of Avgas any more so you will be limited to using smaller airfields if you need fuel

Please dont get me wrong as there are still Many Airfields sell Avgas but are more restrictive (IE Landing Aids /Opening Hours) than the Larger ones.

Of course Turbo prop Aircraft are a lot more expensive to Puchase than Piston A/c .
I hope this helps and please forgive me if I have upset anybody but the above are as I Remember them However I am 60 now and me memory is not what is was in my hayday

Regards

Gerry (Ex Northern Executive Manchester 1970-2007)