PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tailwheel instruction and Spin Training St. Louis
Old 10th Jan 2010, 20:23
dillardrg

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Checkboard,

Again you ass-u-me something that is not entirely true. I do charge for my services ($130.00/hr including the airplane) and I hope that it covers my fuel, INSURANCE, hangar, and maintenance (as long as nothing major happens). I certainly will not get rich at that price.
When I retired I swore to myself that I would not be like some other retired folks who fly without receiving adequate compensation thereby reducing income for someone who is trying to make a living at it.
I also found a niche where no one else in my area was trying to make a living at what I am doing.
Of course I hope people will look at my web site, that is why I built it. I enjoy giving pilots additional tools to help them be better pilots. I have had a long, varied, and sometimes not so lucrative career flying and I hope I can pass along some of the skills and knowledge I have gained (sometimes the hard way).
My original post was mainly to introduce myself and to give background on what I do. Looking at it again, I can almost see where it may be considered as "blatant" advertising, but I think that is a stretch.

Ron
advancedtailwheeltraining.com