PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Maun,Namibia and Zambia it is then!!!
View Single Post
Old 10th Jan 2010, 19:52
George Semel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gee's this was an interesting read to say the least. What you guys do to get a job flying a 206! Nothing more that a heavier 172. I take it that you have not done much camping, till now. Well you have any tuck tape or 100 mph tape as we call it? You can fix that air leak with that or some rubber cement. The problem is that all airmats will leak. A foam mat is better. Looks like you spend a lot of time in bars and drinking a lot. I would not talk about it to much, it gotten to be a big no no here in the states. I been flying for almost 40 years now, for a living. I enjoyed your posts, but the first question I had in my mind is , dose he have a drinking problem? I would bet a dollar or a pound that employers read these posts too. I am not saying that I would not consider you for a job if I had one for you, but you could bet one of the interview questions I would have for you would be with regard to this issue. We live in a world now were things like what use to be, and I partied a lot, is kind of not look at being well just a good sociable type, but maybe a liability. Its just the times we live in. All it takes is for some bystander to say I think the pilot been drinking, true or not, pilot are getting hauled off the airplanes states side these days. Its your profession and how you are going to make your living, only if you can keep your Medical and Certificate/ License. Looks like you are having a blast never the less, and in these current down turn in aviation, having a bit of a blast on the job search trail in not a bad thing.