PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Thomas Cook Cadet Contracts
View Single Post
Old 10th Jan 2010, 17:39
kwb911

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Paul,

Not sure if you reply was aimed at me or BA77.

My post was to advise that you are unlikely to get a job not that you should be selective especially with low hours. BA77 mentioned that the easyJet route was a shambles and indicated that he would like to apply for a Thomas cook cadetship. I only informed him that with CTC the cadets are not split into airlines and everyone is in the same hold pool and in the same mess.

When times were better easyJet used to recruit from CTC (they had a training contract exclusively with CTC for Cadets) and cadets started on a proper full time contract on completion of training which is completely different to the schemes on offer at the moment. Cadets also had the chance to go to other partner airlines if positions were available and it was their decision if they wanted to wait in the hold pool.

As everyone knows jobs are extremely limited at the moment, T&C are poor and pay to fly has unfortunately ruined the industry and a lot of pilots are out of work which is why I advised not to go integrated.

Paul, Noticed that you had edited your post while I was doing my reply so my post is not valid now but left it on for background info into the CTC scheme