PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Career enhancement/change
View Single Post
Old 10th Jan 2010, 13:39

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Career enhancement/change

Hi Guys

I am a licensed aircraft engineer and have been for the past ten years, having a host of ICAO licenses including the UK, Australia and New Zealand authorities. I have also been involved in Change management and facilitation, Lean six sigma, and safety management systems.

I still love working on aircrafts, at the same time want to do something else in relation to Aviation which would be applicable to other industries as well

I had these options in mind

1. Safety …….Do a Masters degree in Occupational health and Safety

2. Quality…. Get trained as an Auditor

3. Beng (Aircraft engineering)…. From Kingston University and then Msc getting into Design and Certification

3. Accountancy…..Chartered status

I am 34 years old now, and I really want to find something that would take my career to the end of my working life.

Would really appreciate any comments/suggestions with regards to the feasibility of doing this and also future prospects for these areas if anyone is into them….. (QF,CASA,VB etc etc)

The most important thing is I am willing to put in the hard yards to do what it necessary to gain the relevant qualifications and experience. I also know that there is a lot to learn. I just need some direction….

Thanks in advance for your input

Cheers