PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CARDIFF
Thread: CARDIFF
View Single Post
Old 10th Jan 2010, 11:39
planenut321

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Can someone explain whats been happening with the TOM flights today and yesterday, I feel really sorry for the passengers.

On Saturday:

TOM6614 (G-FDZA the one with Reindeer) departed to Chambery at 7:30am already 45 mins late. It then diverted to Lyon for some reason. It then returned to Cardiff apparently with the same passengers on at 18:30pm a whole 11 hours after they left. This meant that the Innsbruck flight at 14:10 was delayed.
The Alicante flight's (due to depart at 15:05) aircraft (G-FDZG) which was in a W pattern, took over the Innsbruck flight which departed 16:10, 2 hours late. Meaning the Alicante flight was then delayed. They then had to wait for the orginal aircraft to come back from Lyon, which meant they departed at 20:15, a whole 5 hours late. Which meant we lost G-FDZA which I would have liked in Cardiff for a few days.

Sunday:

The Chambery flight was re-scheduled to depart this morning at 06:45, which meant little sleep for the passengers. This hasn't even departed yet, already 6 hours late and its saying it will go via Milan?? I feel so sorry for the passengers being pushed around like this especially for the ones stuck in Chambery. This meant the remaining TOM flight for today are delayed i.e. Malaga showing a departure of 18:30...a whole 11 hours late. Obviously then intended to use to Chambery aircraft with a small delay but the delay is now huge!

Can someone explain why...
It diverted to Lyon in the first place?
Brought the same passengers back when the 2 airports are only 65 miles apart?
Why today's flight is already delayed and is going via Milan?