PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - john frohnsdorff elected BALPA General Secretary
Old 29th Jun 2002, 22:03
Stan Woolley

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is this the same Martin A who wrote 'A Question of Duty' in the latest log?

Convenient if it is because I was about to let rip a snottogram to Balpa about it. I think I'll vent my spleen here instead.

Never mind telling us about resting properly on our days off, what are you doing about the appalling rostering and disruption we are presently suffering?

We voted Balpa in at the end of last year and quite frankly they have so far managed to achieve exactly ****** all! If a company proves ' impossible to deal with' does that mean we just shrug our shoulders and plod on?

The CAA is right about one thing, CAP 371 is not effective at preventing fatigue when companies continually take the p*ss, perverting any spirit of goodwill and common sense the document needed to be effective. The CAA know it is being abused but are doing nothing to prevent it, 'because its legal.'

As for 'fatigue' not 'tiredness, a very clear difference.' !!!
Well, my Oxford English Dictionary doesn't make the difference clear, and my GP doesn't know either. This is more spin than new labour! If the next unfortunate driving home after yet another thirteen hour epic kills somebody while only 'tired', it won't count, will it!!