PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Chinook - Still Hitting Back 3 (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 10th Jan 2010, 09:49
Wrathmonk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The then Wg Cdr Dalton took command of XIII Squadron during July 1992. He undertook an extended tour as CO (including a period as a gp capt) due to the sqn move from Honington to Marham and (IIRC) to cover an Op JURAL det. I am not close enough to visit Marham to look at the sqn cdrs board in the sqn to see the exact date he handed over (to Mick H if memory serves me right) but to the best of my knowledge he was OC on the fateful day. Obviously, I stand by to be corrected.

The reason why I mentioned 'private thoughts' in my post 5931 is that he definately wouldn't have been the sqn cdr when the BoI was finalised -whether the stn cdr would have discussed his draft comments on the BoI with either him (Dalton) or the (then) current sqn cdr is unknown (and I would imagine never publically admitted anyhow).

Apologies Brian that I can't be more accurate at the moment. If you are looking for previous views of the current CAS that may be contradictory were there any accidents during his tenure at Coltishall?

Last edited by Wrathmonk; 10th Jan 2010 at 10:26.