PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aer Lingus - 5
Thread: Aer Lingus - 5
View Single Post
Old 10th Jan 2010, 07:46
on time all the time

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EI-BUD,
Working form Gatwick the arrival of EI and the choice of destinations was seen as totally suicidal.
I don't even think about the name of the competitors but the time, the biggest economic crisis we have seen since 1929. There was already too many competitors chasing to few pax. Remember a lot of these destinations are in the Euro zone that the brits are avoiding as too expensive places to go on holiday.
We looked at it in dismay and from day one used the word suicidal. You did not need to be an expert to see it coming.
The only good point was the punter who was happy . No one made any money on the routes.
Now the punter will have a surprise for 2010....unless another clever airline decides to replace EI, the price will go up.
Competition is good but only when there is a chance to make a route viable and the product is paid at an accetable price not dumped to make numbers.
I work at gatwick and if I can see as many other people could see the move was a mistake, how could EI anagement not see it? The ivory tower must be think and tall.