PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AA Crash Jamaica
View Single Post
Old 10th Jan 2010, 01:17
411A

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Call me an old fart , or a cantankerous old fart. . . but whenever I have landed in places where it said "reverse thrust only allowed for safety reasons" I have always used detent 2 (or 3 if I was a little pissed off that day) When the guy on the right said why ? simple I said, for the safety of my licence . . . and yours.
After what the Greeks did to the Swissair crew in Athens, can you believe they had the cheek to put this sh1t on a Jepp? for Athens

Give it large, pull those handles back any time you want to hear that comforting sound, the sound of your licence being protected.
F#CK the accountants
F#CK the @ssholes in Civil Aviation (of whatever country)
Vive le Commandant/ Vive le revolution

Be feckin serious guys, back to basics, back to 1960, this is a big piece of tin, going very fast, and YOU Captain ! need to stop it before you are in the Boonies, for Christs sake man, forget all this do goody good ecological /save 50kg of fuel **** . . . pull da fookin levahs- push da pedals & stop da fookin aircraft. Jeezus is it really so hard ? ? You a pilot? or a dumb-asss systems operator.
I really think gentlemen, we are sometimes guilty of getting hung up on details, and thereby losing sight of the big picture. . . best not to , really!

Get back to basic basic basics, land the fecker (somewhere sensible on the RW) and get it stopped somewhere that you can subsequently taxi it to a stand, christ, nothing changed this last 50 yrs, did it ? ?
Yup, well said.
For the record, we use MAX reverse on every landing with our Lockheed airplane, no matter what.
Why?
Standard procedure...with the possible exception of Geneva, conditions permitting, of course.