PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AA Crash Jamaica
View Single Post
Old 10th Jan 2010, 00:20
captplaystation

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Call me an old fart , or a cantankerous old fart. . . but whenever I have landed in places where it said "reverse thrust only allowed for safety reasons" I have always used detent 2 (or 3 if I was a little pissed off that day) When the guy on the right said why ? simple I said, for the safety of my licence . . . and yours.
After what the Greeks did to the Swissair crew in Athens, can you believe they had the cheek to put this sh1t on a Jepp? for Athens

Give it large, pull those handles back any time you want to hear that comforting sound, the sound of your licence being protected.
F#CK the accountants
F#CK the @ssholes in Civil Aviation (of whatever country)
Vive le Commandant/ Vive le revolution

Be feckin serious guys, back to basics, back to 1960, this is a big piece of tin, going very fast, and YOU Captain ! need to stop it before you are in the Boonies, for Christs sake man, forget all this do goody good ecological /save 50kg of fuel **** . . . pull da fookin levahs- push da pedals & stop da fookin aircraft. Jeezus is it really so hard ? ? You a pilot? or a dumb-asss systems operator.
I really think gentlemen, we are sometimes guilty of getting hung up on details, and thereby losing sight of the big picture. . . best not to , really!

Get back to basic basic basics, land the fecker (somewhere sensible on the RW) and get it stopped somewhere that you can subsequently taxi it to a stand, christ, nothing changed this last 50 yrs, did it ? ?