PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tutor Mid-air report.
View Single Post
Old 9th Jan 2010, 20:58
L J R

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mary,

I agree that white is a bad colour to see a moving aircraft in the sky.

Hawks and Tucanos are BLACK because trials were done to find the best colour to see these aircraft during the daytime - and despite your hint that black is not a good colour - MoD trials show differently (and yes day glow, cam and other colours were used in the tirals.).

Have you ever seen what it looks like inside a cockpit of an out of control aircraft in an advanced stage of departure? - especially with a ruptured airframe.....the assymetric and oscillitory 'G' makes movement very difficult, no matter how easy the operation of the escape mechanism is.

Some of the AEF cadets that I have flown want Aeros on their first sortie, others do not....as a 'grown-up' I ask the passenger what he/she wants and determine if it is a good or bad idea as the situation dictates.

Just because your knowledge of a term is not fully understood by you, please use your 3000 hrs experience to try and understand that some things are not done your way.

Other comments you make hint of your impression of ineptness by military aircrews, and their use of 'all available' methods, aids and techniques for best practice. If that is your perception, you are entitled to it, but (in my opinion) you are wrong.

...finally varifocals are NOT prescribed to Pilots in mil aircraft.

...LJR (7000 hrs - mostly with helmet on) AND recent ex AEF Tutor pilot