PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - john frohnsdorff elected BALPA General Secretary
Old 29th Jun 2002, 18:43
airrage

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Martin, theres nothing new in your post from what has not already been flogged to death, so there is little I can comment on. I also know very little about chickens and how they lay eggs.

You say
"What I do defend, is good governance and process. A democratic organisation, with democracy, freely elected representatives, responsible to their electorate, but just like MPs, they are free to discharge that responsibility without threat. Poor performance is rewarded at the ballot box !"
- So you must be happy then that we all got the opportunity to participate in the GS Elections and did reward poor performance at the ballot box. Where were these Democratic principals when BALPA tried to quietly re-instate CD without an election process. Or when MG decided to try and alter a fair electon process. Seems like not everyone in BALPA shares your good governance morales, I bet they do now. I don't recall hearing anyone being threatened.

You also say;
"It is a very sad state of affairs, for whatever reason , when the people you have elected as your CC reps etc, had one view of an individual that they work with and the constituency , i.e. members who had probably no direct contact, had another".
AGREED ! Perhaps more communication with the constituency will bring reps into line with the thinking of those they represent and vice versa.

You do continue to go on about JF commuting from France ignoring completely his manifesto. Give him a bit of time please. Don't say what a crap GS he will appoint, and how long it will take before he has even officially taken office. At least he has reinvigorated the democratic principles in BALPA so much that it is even included in your posts now. I don't think this would have occurred a couple months ago.

As for New Road and 25 % more work this year than last for no extra pay.............Sounds like the kind of pay raises pilots have had to endure over the last few years. I hope they get the help they need to do an effective job soon.

I've never harped on about the 777 bunk issue and I discussed why it was even mentioned in my last post. I can assure you it was not a major factor in my voting for JF.

As for people not being who they appear to be, I can't speak about others but I can assure the conspiracy theorists here that I personally have never held or ran for any BALPA office. I have also never met or talked with JF or his team. All this can be verified by those on either the BA-Pprune section or the new BACouncil BALPA Forum where my identity has already been revealed. I am merely a BALPA member and line pilot who enjoys the new medium created by the Internet to express ones views. Great isn't it !

Last edited by airrage; 29th Jun 2002 at 18:50.