PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Chinook - Still Hitting Back 3 (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 9th Jan 2010, 17:12
BOAC
Per Ardua ad Astraeus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
JP - now, I am not holding my breath for an answer, simply expecting obfuscation or diversion, but do you think the ACM could conceivably have said:

"In a nutshell, had the pilot(s) not knowingly contravened the strict regulations that govern flight at low level, (he) could not possibly have crashed (on the Mull of Kintyre) as he did."

of the Tornado crash (ZG708) - or the Shackleton crash, or ---? After all they hit the ground, did they not - so they were obviously below the authorised height for VFR flying at that moment, as was the Chinook? Would you have considered that a reasonable comment, if made, on those accidents? As the CO of the Tornado squadron at the time, I'm sure he would have commented in that B of I, but I am not privy to his actual comments which I suspect (rightly) did not include those or similar words.

I imagine Ralph Kohn, like most of us, will consider those comments by Dalton to be totally illogical, since neither the ACM nor Ralph Kohn actually KNOW how or why 'they crashed' any more than me, you, or a big black dog - but I have a feeling Ralph Kohn will probably not be bothering to reply to your post either, especially since as you are presumably aware he made no comment on any aspects of the flying of the aircraft, but simply on the '3 main claims' by Dalton which related to fitness of the aircraft to be both released to service and to be used on that mission.