PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER - 7
Thread: MANCHESTER - 7
View Single Post
Old 9th Jan 2010, 16:34
mrmagooo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Load planning and producing load sheets are areas Im not too familiar with but my understanding is the handling agent staff do it and hand it to the captain for his approval. Please do correct me if I am wrong.......

Also if the document is overlooked by the pilot then isnt he or she who is certyfing the document by signing and accepting it??

A responsible job but how long is the training to be able to carry out such jobs? A mech for an airline will be on not too much more than a dispatcher and yet has to do some real crap jobs, after a 4 year apprenticeship on less than 15k

I have mechs who work under me on shift and some not all, do not realise the pressure as a LAE, either on a routine A check or during/after a defect when everybody is looking at you to fix it yesterday....... Yes we do sit around and drink alot of tea, but very few people see the work we actually do.

At the end of the day if you start paying the lower paid staff more with not as much responsability as pilots/atcos/laes we will want more money too..... Its life