PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Handling the Big Jets by D.P. Davies
View Single Post
Old 9th Jan 2010, 13:43
Quarto

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Handling the Big Jets by D.P. Davies

Hello

I was wondering if someone could offer their opinion on the book Handling the big jets by D.P. Davies.

This book seems to have been around for a while and from a couple of reviews I have read it appears to be somewhat of a classic for those going on to fly big jets. Please forgive me for asking, but how relevant would this book be for someone studying for the ATPL exams? Would it be a useful read or is it designed for a more experienced pilot? Apologies for asking this in the Tech Log forum but I figured I would get a more accurate view here than in the Professional Pilot Training (includes ground studies) forum.

My understanding (which may be incorrect) is that it was written to help pilots making the transition from turboprop to jet aircraft (hopefully someday I will be in that position).I have had a read a few conflicting reviews. Some say that it is 'dated' while others say they continually refer to it and is regularly taken off the bookshelf. I see it referred to back and fore on posts in this forum.

Is it worth getting hold of a copy or should I look at getting something else (suggestions welcome)?

Thanks
Quarto