PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Let's make our Profession prestigious again
Old 9th Jan 2010, 12:40
despegue

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The way forward is to make entry into the schools more difficult through assessments (will weed-out these "i only wanna fly the shiny jet thanks to daddies cash, I will only sdudy the question bank" type of youngsters), increase the proficiency level in flying (stick and rudder), go more in-depth into the basics of flying, eg. meteorology, Aerodynamics,... put an official degree at the end that combined with an unfrozen ATPL and type-rating is equivalent to a Masters degree (this will assure better job prospects in difficult times or after losing your medical) and... forbid airlines to do the "pay-to-fly" scam.
This is a regulatory issue and it is high time that we, as a community of aviators take action!
It is also our responsibility of experienced people to protect our younger collegues who are just starting out and who have the right attitude.
Up to now, I have never seen a more lame and divided, useless professional community then us, pilots! REFUSE to fly with pay-to-fly cadets! REFUSE ANY MORE CRAP from management that degrades our profession!
Please start to put pressure on your authorities and government, please (B)ALPA, IALPA, BeCA, SEPLA, FIA etc... Put your fingers out of your behinds and do your job!