PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER - 7
Thread: MANCHESTER - 7
View Single Post
Old 9th Jan 2010, 12:25
42psi

Received 60 Likes on 23 Posts
Trash Hauler ...spot on

From my point of view I've seen sufficient numbers of snow clearence staff and equipment/supplies available - tight at times but OK.

What I've also seen are aircraft waiting for longer than I'd be happy with once they've arrived.

Handling agents are under great pressures these days, as are airlines - it's almost a lose-lose situation.

On a lighter note has anyone noticed if the ground equipment is still on the snow covered grass between 235/237??

I'm not saying this is what happened but ........ once upon a time an EBT saw some very smooth and clear snow covered ground ... looked just like a road.

Sadly he couldn't recall exactly where the road use to be before the snow fell, but it looked so smooth and inviting. Although he should really I guess have remembered that there never had been a road there .. ever!

So off he went across the nice smooth surface .. only to find about halfway though ...... oh... errr.. missus .... yikes .... he became firmly stuck on the snow covered grass with chilly wet snow up above his axles.

His friend the pushback tug saw his predicament and rushed to his aid .... only also get even more firmly stuck .... and sinking .......

Eventually one of those big green snow clearing tractors came along and pulled the EBT clear .... sadly there was little he could do for his friend the push back tug - oh well, maybe he'll get dug out in the spring.

All tales have an ending .. as does this one ..... no-one knows why annother EBT tried the same stunt after seeing his friends come a cropper.

So now you might on a dark and windy night see the pushback tug and the second EBT sitting looking at the stars.

Last edited by 42psi; 9th Jan 2010 at 12:38.